Last year students gained control over their own passwords. However, new students have not yet set their passwords to something they know. In order to facilitate an easier transition we will be setting up new students with temporary passwords. If you are a returning student needing password assistance, please review the returning student information below.
New Students (to the District)
- Log into Chromebook using your temporary password.
Next Log into Single Sign-On with temporary password. (Your SSO login will just be your account name and will not included the @k12.ipsd.org)
Answer 6 challenge questions. (see SSO Challenge Questions - Student)
Change temporary password to a new password only they know. (see SSO Password Reset - Student)
Students can also “claim” their HAC accounts. (see HAC Claim Account)
Additional information and help connected to the Home Access Center can be found here.
- Temporary Password Schema: last 4 digits of student ID + 2 digit birth day + first 3 letters of street name of home address (lower case).
So, if your name is Marty Mustang, you live on Mustang Way, your birthday is on the 1st, and your ID is 123456 this would be your temporary login and password for a Chromebook and your Google Account.
Chromebook Login: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chromebook Password: 345601Mus
Returning 9th-12th Grade Students
- Password from last year will still work to start the year. Students can reset at any time to a new one. Remember, you will be asked to reset them every 60 days, you can check the ‘Account’ page in the SSO to see when you last changed your password and when you will have change it again.
- If you are a returning student and have forgotten your password, please follow the steps below.
It is highly recommended that the students take time to reset their challenge questions to start the year – choose “Update Challenge Questions” on the ‘Account’ page in SSO. Only need to answer 6, not all 20.
- a. Look up your Password in District Password Lookup. You can do this online using any device or by clicking on "Apps" menu on the bottom left of the Chromebook Screen and then clicking on "District Password Lookup." Enter in your Home Access login information to access your login password.
- b. If you are not able to get into HAC, please call your Class House.
Note when changing passwords:
- SSO Password will reset immediately.
- Google Password reset can take up to 5 minutes.Chromebooks initially may ask for new & old password to synch offline content.
- Other District passwords can take up to 15 minutes to reset.