2021 Metea Valley Graduation Information
MV Senior Families,
We are excited that graduation is getting closer! We wanted to pass along a lot of information to prepare for this week.
*Graduation Practice: Thursday, May 27th at 1 PM in Mustang Stadium (map)
Graduates should show up between 12:30-12:45pm to find their assigned seats. We ask that they know what side and row they are in when they arrive to assist with finding their seat.
View Graduation Seating Chart
After they cross the stage for practice and get the correct pronunciation of their name, they will pick up their tickets, cords and have a chance to meet with Herff Jones for cap and gown issues.
Graduation Practice Informational Video
(update)Back Up Plan for Graduation Practice (IF INCLEMENT WEATHER)
If we have inclement weather, we will communicate at 10am on Thursday that we will adjust to host graduation practice indoors. If we move indoors, we will follow this plan.
A-Li @ 1pm in the Gymnasium
Lo-Z @ 3p">m in the Gymnasium
*If anyone absolutely can’t make the 3pm graduation practice, due to athletics or the time change, we are offering a smaller graduation practice in the MV Auditorium at 1pm for Lo-Z only. If you can make the 3pm graduation practice we ask that you attend the gymnasium practice.
We ask that all graduates show up between 12:30-12:45pm to find their seat in the stadium.
Graduation practice will last about an hour and half. Students will receive their 2 graduation tickets.
2021 Graduation Ceremony: Postponed to Saturday, May 29th at 1 PM in Mustang Stadium (map)
Live Stream: Metea Valley Mane
The parking lot will open at 11am. Gate and Graduate Entry Doors opens at 11:45am.
Door 19 – Rows L1-L3 and R1-R13
Door 17 – L4-L14
Door 16 – L15-L25
Door 14 – R14-R25
Graduate Protocols - Saturday, May 29th @ 1 PM
- With your Cap/Gown/tassel arrive at MV in your room by 12:00pm Sharp. Doors open at 11:45am
- Enter any door on the north side of the building and to your assigned classroom.
- Do not bring a purse/cell phone to your classroom. There will not be anywhere for you to leave your items and you cannot enter the building after graduation.
- Do not wear anything other than the Metea medallion provided by your staff line supervisor in the classrooms around your neck and your Indian Prairie Scholar cord if you have been awarded one.
- At 12:45pm we will move from your classroom and proceed to the stadium entrance.
- At 12:52pm the processional will start. Once the procession starts, keep the pace of line – be safe and enter your row and remain standing facing front until directed to sit after the Alma Mater.
- Follow along with the program.
- Principal Echols will announce 'Roll Call' at which time the awarding of diplomas will begin.
- Follow the lead of your line leader.
- A faculty member will be at the top of the ramp to guide you through the walk.
- When you arrive on the ramp, there will be an X at the top of the ramp just before you make the turn to proceed to the Reader.
- Remain standing on the final X until the person ahead of you has moved and then proceed to the reader and present your name card.
- Once your name is called, move towards the presenter. Accept the diploma.
- Once you have received your diploma cover, walk towards the center of the stage and down the steps towards Dr. Echols. This will be the last position that will be marked by an X. At this time you will have your photo taken. For this photo only, you can remove your mask quickly and smile. Once you start back to your row please put your mask back on.
- At the end of the ceremony, Principal Echols will invite you to stand and toss your hat. At that time the ceremony is over, but stay at your seat until it is your turn to go through the recessional process. Exit the Stadium and we ask you to meet your family members in the parking lot.
Graduation Informational Video
2021 MV Graduation Spectator Protocols
- We strongly suggest carpooling with the graduate. The graduate needs to arrive at MV @ 12:00pm Sharp
- Park on the north side of the building. After parking the graduate should enter any door on the north side. Spectators can enter the stadium when the gates open at 11:45am.
- When on MV campus the expectation is that you have a mask on and social distance from non-family members.
- Please have your tickets ready to show at the gate. We will have staff handing out programs and checking tickets. All spectators will sit in the HOME side bleachers socially distanced from non-family members. We have ramps and handicap seating spots in the bleachers.
- At 12:52pm the processional will start. Once all the graduates are in their seats be prepared to stand for the national anthem.
- Follow along with the program.
- At the end of the ceremony, Principal Echols will invite the graduates to toss their caps. Exit the Stadium and we ask you to meet your graduate in the parking lot.
Graduation Spectators Video