Mini Mustang Preschool
The Mini Mustang Preschool is a lab-class offered to high school juniors and seniors who are exploring teaching as a career. The high school students develop lesson plans that teach curricular subjects using age-appropriate teaching techniques. Lessons are designed using concepts that the high school students learned in Child Development as well as in the Early Childhood Teaching Lab class.
During the course of the week, the preschoolers participate in activities that are planned around a weekly theme. They explore different learning centers such as story, art, science, alphabet, math, social studies, sensory table, and circle time. During free play, they move freely from center to center developing independence using their decision-making and cooperative skills.
The Preschool meets three days a week and the class time is approximately two hours. The classes follow the high school schedule with a semester break. Children who attend are 3 and 4 years of age.
Mini Mustang Preschool is for children:
- Who are 3 years old by September 1st.
- Who are toilet trained
- Who are not regularly attending any other preschool program
- Whose family lives within Indian Prairie School District boundaries
- Who fulfill the IL State Medical Requirements
The application form will be accessible in January for the following school year.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2020-2021 school year. Preschoolers are enrolled for the entire year. Sessions are filled on a first-come, first served basis.
- Complete the application form and mail to:
Mini Mustang Preschool Program
Metea Valley High School
1801 N Eola Road
Aurora, IL 60502
3. Applicants will be contacted via email to confirm enrollment in the Mini Mustang Preschool. At that time a nonrefundable deposit of $100 will be collected. Annual cost is $250.
4. The remaining balance will be due in August. Beginning in August, tours will be scheduled for parents and preschoolers.